In Ground Zero Run Virtual Challenge, you get to decide what and where your running track is, be it your city, neighborhood or even on the treadmill. Run solo, or with a friend to complete your chosen distance all at once or divide it up to fit your schedule.
Try to document your challenge and share it on social media and tag us at #runforhumanity
23 May – 20 September 2020
VIRTUAL CHALLENGE PERIOD
06 September – 27 September 2020
VIRTUAL CHALLENGE DISTANCE & REGISTRATION FEE
|Category||10km Race Against Time||5km Relief aid Challenge||1km Kids Dash|
|Distance||10 km||5 km||1 km|
(NO entitlements will be awarded to overseas runners)
Choose your distance category & complete your challenge within Ground Zero Run Virtual Challenge 2020 event period of 06 September to 27 September 2020.
To make it even more challenging & exciting, try simulated the experience of a survivor’s journey from ground zero to collect urgent supplies needed in the aftermath of a natural disaster by running with a relief pack of 5kg. It can be in a form of rice pack, water bottles or even training weights.
– Runner’s bib (will be mailed to you upon successful registration)
– Finisher Medal
– Finisher T Shirt
Finisher T Shirt
Participants are highly encouraged to raise funds Mercy Relief, after registration. A profile page would be given to all participants to garner support and donations online.
Once you have signed up for the Ground Zero Run Virtual Challenge, your immediate next step is to nominate at least 5 of your friends to take up the Challenge. The person you nominate gets 24 hours to either take the challenge himself/herself or make a donation on your fundraising page.
All donation made is 250% tax deductible.
How to take part?
1. Register online at https://groundzerorun.com/register-now/
2. A runner’s bib will be mailed out to you upon successful registration.
3. Share your fundraising page with family, friends, colleagues and on social media.
4.Continue raising funds and posting updates about your virtual challenge as you train for the run. Nominate at least 5 of your friends to take up the Challenge. The person you nominate gets 24 hours to either take the challenge himself/ herself or donate to your fundraising page. #runforhumanity
5. Commit to complete your run anytime anywhere between September 06 to September 27th to raise at least $1,000.
6. You are encouraged to use a GPS-based app or a treadmill to track your run and tag us #runforhumanity on social media.
7. Celebrate your success by collecting your Finisher medal & T-shirt on the completion of your virtual challenge from Mercy Relief Office.
Participants are encouraged to wear the Ground Zero Run Virtual Challenge’s running bib.